Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Mini Profile - hiding empty fields [SOLVED]
#
Hi!

So I'm working on a test board right now, and I'm trying to hide fields that are left empty by members. I've searched all over google and all over this forum for a code that works and nothing seems to do the trick sad.gif

so here is the board I'm working off of LINK.

And basically what I want to do is if the user doesn't put a value in a custom field, I don't want it to show up. Example, if they don't put in a image for the image that would normally show up when you hover over the mini profile - it won't show the broken image link. It would just have a space there.

Or if there's no link for application or plotter, then those two links won't show up at all (instead of going to a 404 page, which it does now).

And preferably I want these fields to be removed without altering the layout too much. It'll just be a space where that field is supposed to be.

Any help would be appreciated!

This post has been edited by Yols: Jan 4 2014, 01:11 PM
PM
#
This is what I was given for images I place there, by GMaster479. I'm not sure if it can be modified to omit text fields though...

.miniprofile .postdetails img[src="N/A"] { display: none; }

This post has been edited by wwjdstamper: Jan 4 2014, 02:17 PM

signature
♥ ♥ Guides ♥ ♥ Discussions ♥ ♥ Challenges ♥ ♥ Nanowrimo ♥ ♥
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
♥ ♥ Review Shop ♥ ♥ Tracker ♥ ♥ Refuge Staff Needed ♥ ♥
#
I tried it and that worked!!! I modified it for the links and that worked too.

Thank you!

EDIT:
Oh wait.

I can't get that code to work for plain text fields though (no link or image). Any ideas on how to manipulate the above code for that?

EDIT:

GOT IT! Thanks for the help.

This post has been edited by Yols: Jan 4 2014, 05:40 PM
PM
#
If you're still having problems with the text fields, try this.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll